Sunday, May 13, 2007

CSV Reader Quick and Dirty

Well, this program like many others was developed by me, for me.
I needed a better utility than notepad to view my log files which
are in CSV format. What better way to spend a weekend than developing
a new utility?

The CSV format may look simple but it can get pretty complicated if
you take into account "all" capabilities of CSV format. If you don't
believe me take a look at this:
http://www.shaftek.org/publications/drafts/mime-csv/draft-shafranovich-mime-csv-02.html

Anyway, I didn't really need a CSV reader which supports the full CSV
specification. I just needed something which can read "my" log files!
As it turned out, many of the data-exports and log files generated by
other applicatoin were also read successfully by CSV Reader.
This was reason enough for me to believe that this little utility might
be useful to others and this is why I am making it available on the www.

Here's a screenshot:
Screenshot

MD5 Hash of Executable: E9D023ECEB07A8AF421F155CCD6224BF
MD5 Hash of ZIP: 63CB43CF9AF08CFA0629540B96E175F8

Download It!

No comments: